Monday, July 28, 2008

FUN FILLED 24TH OF JULY

This year we went up to my parents cabin in Fairview and hung out for the weekend. We went up on Wednesday night. On Thursday we were waiting for everybody to come up because we were going to the demolition derby. I have never been to a derby before so I was in for a treat. It was so much fun!! At first I thought the cars were going to blow up but Jeremiah reassured me that they would not.
#4 was already beat up before it even started
The Thornes and the Mendenhalls
The picture is a little blurry because I think it is the first time Jonny has used a camers :)
The Cousins
Paige and Alexis loved waving to the cowgirls at the rodeo.

On Thursday we were waiting for the Thornes to come up and my dad and Matt were up getting water when the Thornes called them and told them that there NEW truck that they had just bought on Wednesday was on fire and they needed help. They got down to the truck and it was burned to the ground. How it started was a small little propane tank. CRAZY!!
On Friday we went swimming with everyone. The swimming pool has 2 pools and one of them has a tube that goes into it. Well, it is Fairview and they could less who goes down the tube so we took both of our girls down the tube and they had so much fun.
On Saturday we went to the horse parade, which Alexis and Paige LOVED and then it was off to the rodeo for some more horses and bull riding. I have never seen Alexis sit more still in my life. We were going to stay until Sunday but Jeremiah got really sick on Saturday morning and he finally couldn't take it anymore so we came home after the rodeo.



2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I love derbys! In college I worked at a bank and we sponsored a car every year and I begged and begged the bank president for two cars . . . boys vs girls! The kids think it's hilarious and come to think of it, we haven't been this year to one yet.

Anyway, looks like fun. I talked to Kelly D. yesterday for awhile and she would love to get together. So I'm thinking end of Aug., beg. of Sept. when school starts and summer settles down we plan a night. I'll be in contact. I really need to call you and get your e-mail address so I don't have to do this all through the blog.

Talk to you soon. Ash

*WEST* said...

Looks like FUN! My kids love the derbys! I will have to let you know when the Nephi one is, its a lot of fun!!